The oldest philanthropic foundation still in operation in Australia is thought to be the Wyatt Benevolent Institution, established in 1881. The charitable trust originated from the assets of the estate of the late Dr. William Wyatt (1804-86). Wyatt’s goal for his charity is to reduce financial disadvantage and improves the quality of life for South Australians.
Dr. William Wyatt was born in Plymouth, England, in 1804 and migrated to Australia in 1837. He served in a variety of government positions, including Protector of Aborigines, State Coroner and South Australia’s first inspector of public schools.
- Australian Government AusAID
The Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) is an Australian Government agency within the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. AusAID manages the government’s official overseas aid program. Objective of the aid program is to advance Australia’s national interest by helping developing countries reduce poverty & achieve sustainable development.
- Australian Council for International Development
(previously Australian Council for Overseas Aid – ACFOA) an independent national association of non-government organisations in the field of international aid & development.
A not for profit activist organisation monitoring & campaigning on Australian overseas aid and trade policies & programs.
- CARE Australia
The largest non-political non-religious overseas aid organisation in Australia, providing humanitarian assistance across the globe. Led by former Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser, CARE Australia joined CARE international in 1987.
- Philanthropy Wiki
An online encyclopaedia and archive of knowledge on philanthropy in Australia.
- Everyday Hero
Build your own personal fundraising page to support your favourite charity or cause.
- Plan Big
Community of people with tools, skills and know-how turning ideas into reality. Join a plan or propose your own.
- AustCare – Australians Caring for Refugees
- Australian Cranio Maxillo Facial Foundation
- Australian Doctors International
- Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations
- Australian National Committee on Refugee Women
- Australian Reproductive Health Alliance
- Australian Volunteers International
- National Council of Churches in Australia
- Oxfam – Oxfam Australia Community Aid Abroad
- PALMS Australia-Volunteering for a Global Mission
- Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture
- International Women’s Development Agency
- Fred Hollows Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity Australia
- World Vision Australia
- Australian Business Volunteers
- Aussie Kidz Charity
- Nusatenggara Association
- Compassion Australia
- Leprosy Mission Australia
- Marist Mission Centre
- Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Mercy Works
- PLAN International Australia
- Quaker Service Australia
- Red Cross Australia
- RedR Australia
- Refugee Council of Australia
- RESULTS Australia
- Salvation Army
- Save the Children Australia
- Choir of Hope and Inspiration
- TEAR Australia
- UNICEF Australia
- Union Aid Abroad – APHEDA
- United Nations Assoc of Australia
- Uniting Church Overseas Aid
- Franciscan Missionary Union
- Rotary Australia World Community Service
- World Wide Fund for Nature Australia
- Opportunity International Australia
- Interserve Australia
- Christian Children’s Fund Australia – CCF
- Caritas Australia
Catholic Agency for Overseas Aid & Development
- Christian Blind Mission International (Aus)
- Christian World Service / National Council of
Churches in Australia
- Community Health & Tuberculosis Australia
- International Christian Aid Relief
- Australian Relief and Mercy Services
- Overseas Pharmaceutical Aid for Life
- Melbourne Overseas Mission Fund
Links to these websites do NOT imply our endorsement of the views expressed by the organisations or individuals responsible for those websites. External links are provided for informational purposes only.
Links open in a new window. When you’re done with the other website, close that window. We’ll be here waiting so you can continue your visit with us.