Sir Edward Wheewall Holden (1885 – 1947) is considered the father of the Australian car industry. Sir Edward’s company Holden was founded in 1856 as a saddlery business, but later moved into the automotive field.
Holden became a subsidiary of the US-based General Motors in1931. Based in Port Melbourne, Victoria, GM Holden Ltd has offered over the years, a broad range of locally produced vehicles, supplemented by imported GM models.
- How Safe Is Your Car
- Motorsport Safety & Rescue
- Australian Automobile Assoc (AAA)
- Fuel Watch
WA Dept of Consumer Protection.
- NEC Australian Rally Championship
- CAMS – Confederation of Australian Motor Sport
Governing body of Australian Motor Sport
- Historic Rally Association
- West Australian Racing Museum
- Rally Sport Magazine
- Holden 4WD Club of SA
- Peugeot Car Club of WA
- Chevrolet Car Club of VIC
- Citroen Car Club of NSW
- Nepean Valley Car Club
- Honda Car Owners’ Association of QLD
- FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia
- Lions Pride Holden Car Club
- Nissan Car Club Australia
- Wolseley Car Club
- Peugeot Car Clubs in Australia
- Saab Car Club of Australia
- Isuzu Car Club of Australia
- Mini Car Club of NSW
- Bolwell Car Club of Australia
- Buick Car Club of Australia
- Lancia Australia
- Maserati Club of Australia, Inc.
- MG Car Club of SA
- Sporting Car Club SA
- Monaro Car Club Of SA
- MAZDA MX-5 Club Of WA
Links open in a new window. When you’re done with the other website, close that window. We’ll be here waiting so you can continue your visit with us.