24 June - Julia Gillard "Ides of March" in June & "Deja Vu"

Australian Events for the month of June
Share Follow

24 June - Julia Gillard "Ides of March" in June & "Deja Vu"

Unread postby Max ADU » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Today in Australian History
Thursday, June 24, 2010.

see video below

Julia Gillard, Australia's first female Prime Minister was sworn in.
One of the country's most popular leaders,
Kevin Rudd was elected to the 26th Prime Minister of Australia on the 3 December 2007

Rudd set records for popularity in Newspoll opinion polling, maintaining very high approval ratings.

In early 2010, Mr Rudd experienced a huge decline in popularity, for a variety of reasons - controversies arising over the management of the financial crisis, the delay of the proposed Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme, policies on asylum seekers and a debate over a proposed "super profits" tax on the mining industry.

Ides of March in June

The ALP factions in the senate and other federal levels and with lengthy media speculation had become apparent that Rudd had lost their support. The result, a major push within his party to replace him

On 23 June 2010, Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard publicly asked that a leadership ballot be held.

On 24 June 2010 Julia Gillard was elected unopposed as the Leader of the Labor Party and was sworn in as Australia's first female Prime Minister at the same time Rudd became the first Australian Prime Minister to be removed from office by his own party during his first term.

Deja Vu
3 months before the next election 2013, it reported with Julia Gillard’s poupartity is at a 28% low.

There are now speculation that Labor may be looking to see who will lead Labor in the September Election.

Julia Gillard, Kevin Rudd or another Labor member?

Watch on youtube.com
Max ADU
Site Admin

First Name: Max
Location - City or Town: Burpengary
State: QLD

[0sad/banner-forum.htm]

Re: 24 June - Julia Gillard "Ides of March" in June & "Deja

Unread postby Waldof » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Well well well :D Can you believe you wrote this article and the next day there was fireworks at government house.

Did you know something was going to happen or can you see in the future?

Is this Karma? I really do not care, It has bought a smile to my face we should now be going to an election sooner then predicted.

I have followed politics around the world, but never have I seen this happen where the party and not the people can sack PM without an election. Not once but twice in a 3 year period, unbelievable.
Waldof

Re: 24 June - Julia Gillard "Ides of March" in June & "Deja Vu"

Unread postby Travellin Tom » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:47 am

updated
Travellin Tom

First Name: Tom Tom
Location - City or Town: I been everywhere
State: ALL over

Return to June Events