Our Sponsor

13th December

Time limit... check each quiz as it may vary.
Forum rules
No Swearing, No racial remarks NO URLS... Spammers will be banned.
Share Follow

13th December

Unread postby Max ADU » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Another crossword.. for you to solve

Once you have all 10 answers place into a comment...

IF you are the first.. you will be awarded 5 points... if not solved by required time.. I will gain 2 points.

Australiaia2.jpg

Hint... help each other out to beat me... if you know some of the answers.. share with others..

All answers must be found before Friday 7.30 pm 14th December EST
Max ADU
Site Admin

First Name: Max
Location - City or Town: Burpengary
State: QLD

[0sad/banner-forum.htm]

Re: 13th December

Unread postby ronnie1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 pm

struggling with this one
2. Brisbane
3. Bogong Victoria & Meharry West Australia only two that 6 letters
7. Union Jack
8. Wondai
9. Dawn Fraser

1. Democratic
2. Boxing Day
5. Tanami
6 Chad Morgan do you get any points if you get so many right??? if no-one else has got it correct.
ronnie1

First Name: Rhonda
State:

Unread postby Max ADU » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:56 pm

ronnie1 wrote:struggling with this one - do you get any points if you get so many right??? if no-one else has got it correct.

If I was a nice person.. the answer would be yes.. but I am not a nice man ;) also I need the points to get ahead of Reg.

But one good thing is that someone may work out the missing answer and steal the points away from you and me.

I will tell you this you have two wrong answers. They are ...... and ...... :D You didn't think I was going to tell you which one - You should know me by now.. I am a meanie :oops:
Max ADU
Site Admin

Unread postby ronnie1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:11 am

Hi Max, it makes it very hard when you ask for someone's name and you don't give how many letters for 1st and 2nd name, like there are a dozen or more country and western singers with 10 letters in their name. Also did not understand the question completely 5. Australian Holiday ....is that Public holiday or somewhere people go for a holiday in Australia. Also no 8 question if it is meant to end in an I (not sure if that is one of the wrong ones) it could be Wondai, Gilgai and maybe others as there are no other clues coming down to say which one it is. Question 3. As |I have already stated there are only 2 Bogong or Meharry with 6 letters so maybe democratic is wrong coming down but the type of Government we have here is Democratic, and the different parties certainly don't fit in.
ronnie1

State:

Unread postby Max ADU » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:42 pm

ronnie1 wrote:Hi Max, it makes it very hard when you ask for someone's name and you don't give how many letters for 1st and 2nd name, like there are a dozen or more country and western singers with 10 letters in their name. Also did not understand the question completely 5. Australian Holiday ....is that Public holiday or somewhere people go for a holiday in Australia. Also no 8 question if it is meant to end in an I (not sure if that is one of the wrong ones) it could be Wondai, Gilgai and maybe others as there are no other clues coming down to say which one it is. Question 3. As |I have already stated there are only 2 Bogong or Meharry with 6 letters so maybe democratic is wrong coming down but the type of Government we have here is Democratic, and the different parties certainly don't fit in.

Thank you Ronnie for sharing this with me.. It is a great help to me. As crosswords is a new thing to me I did not see the problems that you have pointed.

Here are some things that you have taught me when making a crossword and how the players may think.
    I. When asking for an Australian town.. I must either put in the state or give a cryptic clue for the town. As you pointed out in ques 8 there are other possible answers The answer I was looking for was Goodni
    2. Question 3 your answers was Bogong or Meharry. They are actually the towns or the places where the highest mountains are.. The answers if they fitted would have been Mt Bongog or Mt Meharry. That is why they were wrong.
    The answer was Mt Ossa in Tasmina.
    3. Australian Holiday. You answered correctly. If I wanted a destination the clue would have been Australian Holiday Destination or Australian Destination.
    4. As for finding a name. It would make it too easy if I gave the clue of how many letters are in each name. You got it right only because it fitted with the other questions.

I appreciate all the feedback you have given me and it will be a great help for future Crosswords. Thanks again for your feed back. I have also worked out the more questions in the crossword will also cause less problems and would have more answers crossing over each other, limiting the possible answers.

I am looking at maybe increasing the crossword to 15 clues or would you rather have 20 and give more time to solve eg 48 hrs. What do you think?

I have also decided to end this crossword and award you 2 point that I would have won for the effort and feedback.

PS the Australian Event was the Aria
Max ADU
Site Admin

Unread postby ronnie1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi Max, thank you for your response. With regards to the question the highest mountain in a state I would have thought you would answer with either Bogong or Meharry as you have already used the word mountain otherwise after the question it should have 2 then 4 so that people know they are actually having to use the word mountain or as the case was abbreviated mr.
With regards to Aria they are known as the Aria Music Awards or Aria Awards not just Aria that just stands for Australian Recording Industry Association so it is not an event yet with just ARIA.
Thanks for the 2 points but as you can see it can be a little confusing. Yes the only way to make it possible to answer correctly is to have more questions crossing over one another, either 15 or 20.
ronnie1

State:

Return to Crosswords